A growing eBook collection with over 3,000 titles, many by bestselling authors.
Accessing eBooks on a Computer
- Go to the cloudLibrary website.
- To read an eBook, you will need to install the PC or Mac app. Click Download App button in the upper right of the screen.
- This will take you to the cloudLibrary support site, where you will choose PC App or Mac App on the left side of the screen. Download the app.
- After the app is downloaded, open the app. Select your Country as Canada (CA), Location/Province as Alberta, and Parkland Regional Library as your library. Enter your library barcode and pin. Accept the legal terms and click Login.
- A pop up box will appear asking you to activate your computer. Choose your activation method and click Activate. (Leave it set to Automatically generate ID for cloudLibrary, unless you have an Adobe ID you’d prefer to enter.)
- You can choose books from the Featured or Browse tabs or complete a search from the Search box.
- To check out an eBook, click on the cover. Click the green Borrow button. The book will automatically download into My Books.To start reading your eBook, click the cover.
- If the book is unavailable, place a hold by clicking the Add to Hold List button. To be notified of your hold, click Settings. Click Yes, notify meand input your email address.
Transferring eBooks to eReaders
- Follow the steps for accessing eBooks on a computer.
- Plug your turned-on device into the computer, go to the My Books tab in the cloudLibrary app, and click on the Transfer to Device button.
Accessing eBooks on your Tablet
- Access the app store on your device and search for the free cloudLibrary app. Install.
- Open the app on your device and tap the screen to continue.
- Select your Country as Canada (CA), Location/Province as Alberta, and Parkland Regional Library as your Library. Enter your library barcode and PIN and tap Login.
- Tap Featured or Browse (three menu lines) to view the library's collection.
- Tap My Books to see your checked out titles. To open and read, tap on the eBook.